If you were wondering how to make Marijuana Butter the easy way look no further. This simple step by step process for Cannabutter will have you cooking in no time.
Marijuana butter is the essential ingredient to any good marijuana recipe. Marijuana edibles offer a number of options for the home cook who doesn’t smoke and simply ingests marijuana. This is an easy marijuana butter recipe that anyone can follow. Plus, it will help to use up any trimmings, stems and small leaves.
How to Make the Best Cannabutter
To get started you’ll need some scratch, about an ounce, a pound of butter, some sea salt (optional), colander, 2 stock pots, cheesecloth and a container for the final product.
How Much Weed Will I Need?
This all depends on the potency of your butter. Keep in mind that some of the oils remain in the cheesecloth so be sure to squeeze out every last drop. But, as far as how much weed you’ll need… our experts say 1 oz to 1 lb of butter is perfect.
Also realize that the full effects of cannabutter is different than smoking. So you may not feel relief ingesting yummy brownies as fast as you would smoking. So give the medicine some time to kick in. So again, take your time when testing the dosage you need to feel relief. It’s like any other medication when someone doesn’t believe the effects are happening and increase dosage. Be a good patient, be patient.
AKA: THC Butter; Cannabutter; Bud Butter
The backbone of any marijuana recipe, Cannabutter is an important aspect of baking or cooking with marijuana. The following instructions will help make 1 pound of Cannabutter.
- Large stock pot
- Cheesecloth or nutbag
- Acrylic Weed Grinder
- 1 lb of real butter (salted or unsalted)
- 8 cups of Water
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 ounce of marijuana (buds, stems, trim, leaves etc.)
- Fill a stock pot with the water and bring to a boil.
- Grind your marijuana a bit first. This is a good time to get rid of those pesky stems, clippings and small leaves. Not into a powder, but chunky enough to be caught in cheesecloth.
- Add the marijuana and boil for ten (10) minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to a low – medium simmer and add the butter to stock pot. Cover the stock pot so as not to lose any steam. Stir often and let simmer for one hour. Keep in mind the heat has to be applied in order to bind the oil from the butter and the oil from the marijuana.
- Reduce the heat of the stove even further to a low simmer
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool until it is manageable.
- Cover a large colander (errrm… spaghetti strainer) with cheese cloth and place it over another large stock pot. Slowly pour the mixture into the strainer.
- Pour two cups of boiling water over the remnants in the strainer to rinse any residual butter through the cheese cloth.
- Twist the cheesecloth to get out any remaining water/oil from the marijuana remnants.
- If wanting to bring out the flavor of the butter, add in the 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and stir
- Cover and place the stock pot of water and butter in a refrigerator to cool overnite (approximately 10 hours). The water and butter will separate during this cooling process with the cannabutter (yes, now it is cannabutter) rising to the top. Keep in mind that the bottom portion of the block of butter may be soft if you have not let it cool long enough. So let it cool!
- Remove the block of cannabutter and form into blocks using plastic wrap or place the butter in a bowl.
- If sealed properly, the butter may keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.