The Best Vaporizers
We’ve put these simple vaporizer facts together to help the novice or new user with their purchase of a vaporizer. Whichever model you choose, you’re sure to have a better experience when you know how to use a vape and which model is right for you.
Simply put, a standard vaporizer is a device used to release the active ingredients of plant material or their therapeutic compounds through vapor. Standard Vaporizers use a heating element to heat the cool air to vaporizing temperatures. As the hot air passes over the filling chamber it produces a stream of vapor that can be inhaled through either a whip attachment, balloon, or bag. The following vaporizer facts include care, use and cleaning of your vaporizer.
Vaporizer Facts You Have To Know Before Purchasing:
There are many different models of vaporizers on the market and you really should know which is right for you. Keep in mind that like any other household appliance, vapes need to be cleaned and cared for. There are also some attachments that will need to be replaced on your vape. These are typically balloons, screens, filters and other assorted vape accessories.
What types of vaporizers are on the market?
There are many types of Vaporizers. The standard five vaporizers sold on the market today include:
- Digital vaporizers: A Digital Vaporizer is a higher end box vape which has a digital display. This display shows the user the actual temperature of vaporization. This allows the user to have the greatest degree of control on the vaporizing temperature. Most newer vapes already include this feature.
- Portable or Pocket vaporizers: The Pocket Vaporizer is named so for its size. The pocket vaporizer is small enough to carry in your pocket and heats up quickly. These are typically cordless units which run off of butane. Also known as a Portable Vaporizer; these light weight, small, and easy to use portable vapes can be used “almost” anywhere you go.
- Forced Air vaporizers: A Forced Air vaporizer is the newest technology in vapes. A forced air vaporizer uses an internal fan to propel hot air over the filling chamber, which then creates a smoother vapor for the user.
- Hands Free vaporizers: A Hands Free vaporizer is named aptly as it is used “hands free”. This type of vaporizer is great for being able to use the vape without holding a wand or whip during use, leaving your hands free to do “other things”.
What vaporizer brands are best to use?
Each brand of vaporizer has unique benefits for the user. You simply need to go through a simple checklist of what it is you will vape and how you want to use a vaporizer (portable, hands free, etc).
Why Use a Vaporizer?
Vaporizers, IMHO, are better than smoking in that vaporizers heat the material at a much lower temperature. This produces a vapor from the active ingredients of the substance without burning the plant itself. This also decreases the harmful by products and noxious gases caused by products that would be produced through smoking the same substance. Therefore, a vaporizer allows you to enjoy all the benefits of the plant.
What temperature do I use to vape?
Each product you use in your vaporizer is different but the best temperature for most vaporizers is between 335 and 385 degrees (fahrenheit).
How do you clean a vaporizer?
Vaporizers, like any other household appliance must be cleaned at regular intervals. Vapes should ultimately be cleaned the same day of use. The majority of vaporizer screens can be cleaned with a small brush and/or glass cleaner. Be sure not to use a steel brush. An old toothbrush works best.
For glass components in your vaporizer, Orange Chronic and Agent Orange are fantastic products for keeping your vape clean. You will need to disassemble some of the vape parts in order to ensure proper cleaning. Have on hand an old toothbrush, paper towels, and some Q-tips to reach those tight spots.
What’s the difference between a vaporizer and a humidifier?
A vaporizer heats the air that is passing through the plant substance and creates a moisture vapor; while a humidifier adds moisture to the air. A dehumidifier extracts moisture from the air (thought we would throw that in).
How do you use a vaporizer?
Like an ordinary pipe or bowl, you simply place your material into the bowl of the vaporizer. You don’t want to pack the vape too tight. You want to pack it a bit loose to ensure the vapor will pass through the plant. Each vaporizer on the market has a different type of bowl.
Once you are done with the plant material in the vaporizer, simply throw them away or place them in compost.
Look through your instruction manual that came with your vape as it will be a definitive guide on proper care and use.
If you have lost your vaporizer manual, simply go to the manufacturer and look through their support documents. If you are still unable to find the vaporizer manual, contact us and we’ll see if we can’t find one for you.
What Accessories Do Vaporizers Come With?
This all depends on the vaporizer you purchased. Some vapes include the following accessories:
- Balloon Bag Attachments: These are mylar balloons that have a short life span. But, they work phenomenally well. Balloon bags should not be cleaned and should be replaced after about 70 to 90 uses.
- Whip Attachments: A whip is typically a 3 piece attachment which includes a mouthpiece, tube, and wand:
- The wand attaches to the heating element of the vaporizer and uses a screen to hold the plant.
- The tube of the vaporizer is what the vapor travels through.
- The mouthpiece is connected to the tube and is the device that you inhale through
- Liquid Pads: these are special items that allow the vapor come to flow naturally, adds more moisture and while releasing the vapor into the area of use.
The mouthpiece and wand portion should be cleaned every month or so if you use the vaporizer regularly. The tubing cannot be cleaned as thoroughly as the mouthpiece so while it should also be cleaned, it’s recommended to replace the tube every few months.
We sincerely hope these vaporizer facts have helped you in your decision to purchase a vaporizer and which one may be suited best for you. If you need more information or which to browse the vaporizer shop, please look to our vaporizer category.
Disclaimer: Since modern vapor delivery has not been approved by the US FDA, no manufacturer can claim that vaporizing is safer and healthier than smoking even though recent studies have indicated so. Therefore, we do not endorse, recommend, or encourage that vapor delivery can be used to cure, diagnose, or prevent ailments and diseases. The products listed above are intended for aroma flavor delivery and home therapeutic use and not intended for medical purposes or illegal use of any kind.