For those people who are lactose intolerant and really need to take the edge off, then this simple Weed Almond Milk recipe will help knock out both problems. Almond milk is a phenomenal way to get the nutrients your body needs while not partaking of the lactose and fatty portions of cows milk. Adding medical marijuana to the recipe, well, that just makes things a whole lot nicer.
Why Weed Almond Milk?
Ask any vegan and they’ll tell you all about the virtues of almond milk. I simply prefer the taste than cow milk. As well, After talking with a number of vegans I don’t think I’ll ever touch a non-organic dairy product again. With that being said the following recipe is for Weed Almond Milk.
Keep in mind that Almond Milk in itself does not have the necessary fat to help the THC cling to it. While it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids it needs a little help. So we have to change that a bit for this recipe.
Weed Almond Milk Made Easy
Weed Almond Milk for those medical marijuana patients who may also be lactose intolerant or want to use a healthier product for their recipes, on cereal, in coffee or anywhere else you would use a milk product (other than a cooked milk recipe).
- Blender (preferably a Vitamix)
- 2 Large Bowls (large enough for 4 cups of water)
- Cheesecloth or nutbag (to strain almonds)
- Large Pot
- Acryclic Grinder
- 2 cup of Raw Almonds
- 6 cups of Water for soaking
- 8 cups of Water for milk
- 1 tablespoon of Pure Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 5 grams stems, trim, leaves etc.
- Get your large mixing bowl and add your almonds. They do not have to be blanched or skinned as the blender and straining will take care of that. This bowl will need to be covered and placed in the refrigerator for a minimum of 18 hours. Best if they are left to soak for 24 hours.
- Using your acrylic grinder, grind the stems, snips, trim and cuts into the fine powder. Or as fine as you can get. This will be strained anyway.
- Bring four cups of water to a boil. Place your ground marijuana material in the water and let simmer (not boil) for another 2 hours. Let cool for 12 hours or so. You have time…
- Once cooled strain the water mixture using the cheesecloth into a mixing bowl. Do not discard the cheesecloth. You will need this again, besides it’s got some THC remaining in it you will want to get another portion of.
- Add the honey and vanilla to the water. Stir well and place in the refrigerator. Bear in mind the water may be a tad green… It will lighten up.
- After 24 hour soak time remove all the water. DO NOT use the water from this process. Dump it. Rinse the almonds with some fresh water. If any almonds have floated to the top, scoop them out and throw them away as they are rancid.
- Now is the time to mix. Place your soaked almonds in your blender and add the water you made earlier (in case your high right now, this is the water in your frig that has the honey and vanilla in it). Blend for at least 7 minutes on high. You’ll notice it will become frothy and will start to lighten. It is now becoming almond milk. If you have a Vitamix, be careful you don’t leave it blending too long as it may heat up.
- Strain the mixture through the cheesecloth into a bowl or large pitcher. Place back in the refrigerator.
- Weed Almond Milk should keep in the refrigerator for at least 4 to 5 days.
Important Notes1. If any almond floats to the surface after 12 hours. Remove and throw away as the almond has spoiled and is rancid and should not be used in the making of Weed Almond Milk. 2. DO NOT use the water from the almond soaking process. Throw this water away.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this or any other recipe on WeedPad.com please contact us using the available form.